Haiti - Epidemic : 5 first cases of cholera in Port-au-Prince - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7
 Download the revised decree and electoral calendar, published in the official journal





Cap-Haitien : Continuation of training workshops for brigadiers and firefighters in the North

2025-2026 Season : 1st edition of the «Paryaj Lakay» Gala

iciHaiti - PNH : Launch of a campaign to promote the integration of women within the institution

International Day for Biodiversity : Commitment from the Ministry of the Environment

Economic recovery in Haiti, the role of the Haitian diaspora


more news


Zapping Haiti of May 24, 2026

Launch of the ONA's monthly Assizes in Haiti

Recruited by gangs, Haitian children «pay a heavy price»

Official inauguration of the new Haitian airline ZED Airlines S.A.

Zapping Haiti of May 23, 2026


more news


Haiti - Epidemic : 5 first cases of cholera in Port-au-Prince
24/10/2010 08:46:50

Haiti - Epidemic : 5 first cases of cholera in Port-au-Prince

Haitian health authorities and the UN confirmed on Saturday the detection of five first cases of cholera in the capital, Port-au-Prince. More than 220 people died and nearly 3,000 others infected are hospitalized.

"We have confirmed five cases of cholera in Port-au-Prince who were diagnosed and isolated quickly," said Imogen Wall, spokesman for the UN Office for Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Haiti. Indicating that the five infected people had contracted the disease in the Artibonite, the North of the capital, and had subsequently returned to Port-au-Prince, where they became ill.

"This is not a new outbreak of infection," said the spokesman for OCHA, adding that surveillance had been increased in the Haitian capital, particularly near camps where live more than one million refugees.

S/ HaitiLibre



Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2026
Haitilibre.com