Haiti - Elections : The OAS unable to begin its mission - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7
 Download the revised decree and electoral calendar, published in the official journal





Cap-Haitien : Continuation of training workshops for brigadiers and firefighters in the North

2025-2026 Season : 1st edition of the «Paryaj Lakay» Gala

iciHaiti - PNH : Launch of a campaign to promote the integration of women within the institution

International Day for Biodiversity : Commitment from the Ministry of the Environment

Economic recovery in Haiti, the role of the Haitian diaspora


more news


Zapping Haiti of May 24, 2026

Launch of the ONA's monthly Assizes in Haiti

Recruited by gangs, Haitian children «pay a heavy price»

Official inauguration of the new Haitian airline ZED Airlines S.A.

Zapping Haiti of May 23, 2026


more news


Haiti - Elections : The OAS unable to begin its mission
27/12/2010 06:47:47

Haiti - Elections : The OAS unable to begin its mission

Gaillot Dorsinvil, the President of the Provisional Electoral Council (CEP) announced last week that the mission of the Organization of American States (OAS), in charge of the verifications of election of November 28, was going to lead its work from December 27 to 30, 2010 ... Once again, the schedule is not respected.

Announced for Monday the beginning of the mission was postponed to an undetermined date...

Albert Ramdin, Assistant Secretary General of the OAS, said yesterday Sunday that the terms of the mission "has not yet been determined so far [...] as we did not agree on the terms of this mission, we will not send our experts." He said hoped that the mission could begin its work this week, stressing that the time was passing...

Recall that on request of the Haitian head of state René Préval, the OAS has established an international team of six people (two legal experts, two election experts, a statistician and an expert on information technology) their mission : assist the electoral authorities in the verification of records and the phase of electoral disputes. For the moment the team, ready to leave for Port-au-Prince, waiting for instructions...

Albert Ramdin said that the scope of this mission, could evolve according to the terms of mandate, but there would be at a minimum of six experts "The OAS team will have to check the recount of the minutes made by the CEP" indicated to the Secretary General, "apart from this, recommendations will be made, that the results reflect or not the count that has been made".

Obviously, the terms of reference of this mission, are a source of disagreement between the OAS and the Haitian authorities concerned, on what must be recounted and checked. For a week, the OAS "discusses" these famous terms, and nothing advances ...

See also:

https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-1981-haiti-elections-gaillot-dorsinvil-gave-an-update-on-the-electoral-process.html

S/ HaitiLibre



Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2026
Haitilibre.com