Haiti - DR : Review of the Strengthened security operation on the Dominican border - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7
 2026-2027 Electoral Calendar, latest official version





Recruitment of court clerks : The CSC/CA completes the first phase of evaluations

CFU Challenge Series : The Grenadiers' technical team is 100% Haitian

Major distribution of agricultural inputs in Kenscoff, Haiti

Competition : NOTICE to singers and composers of Haiti

Economy : Agreement signed between Haiti and the Andean Development Corporation


more news


Haiti - Check Presentation : The Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MCI) wants to make the country a land of entrepreneurship

Back to school : 2.1 billion in monetary aid for 140,000 parents

Haiti - Security : Training of 15,000 FAd’H soldiers...

Haiti - CFU Challenge 2026 (U-14) : The Grenadiers lose 1-0 against the Huracáns Azul of Puerto Rico (video)

Haiti - Leisure : Did you know ? #51


more news


Haiti - DR : Review of the Strengthened security operation on the Dominican border
19/03/2018 07:50:34

Haiti - DR : Review of the Strengthened security operation on the Dominican border

Friday, after a multi-sectoral meeting in the province of Dajabón to the border with Haiti, the Minister of Defense, General Rubén Darío Paulino Sem, gave an initial report to the press, on the progress and the results of the plan for strengthening the security along the border line https://www.icihaiti.com/en/news-23779-icihaiti-dr-follow-up-of-the-implementation-of-the-surveillance-system-at-the-border.html between the two countries.

He reported that during the first 7 days of the enhanced border security operation (by air, sea and land), were seized contraband goods including among others 3,104 pounds of garlic and 15 cases of cigarettes, vehicles (17 motorcycles, 2 cars and 2 trucks) and 2,792 Haitians in irregular migration situation have been expelled to Haiti or sent back to the border.

Regarding migration control operations in communities he said "We were very well received by all local authorities. We hope this plan will continue with the same results we have achieved so far."

In addition, the Minister indicated that according to the information, more than 90% of the labor force on the northwest coast and border communities was was of Haitian and illegal origin, claiming that this situation must be resolved, which implicitly is a new threat of expulsion for our compatriots who are trying to survive in this region.

Paulino Sem said that these monitoring and surveillance activities will continue to be strengthened with all institutions, including justice stating "not only to fight against human trafficking and illegal migration but also against smuggling" insisting that that during the seizures, all those responsible should be brought to justice.

let's remember that from the beginning of 2018 to mid-March, nearly 26,000 Haitians have been expelled or not admitted to Dominican territory because of their irregular migratory situation.

See also :

https://www.icihaiti.com/en/news-23779-icihaiti-dr-follow-up-of-the-implementation-of-the-surveillance-system-at-the-border.html

https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-23724-haiti-flash-dr-new-military-reinforcements-long-range-uavs-and-cameras-on-the-border.html

https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-23748-haiti-rd-nearly-7-500-haitians-deported-to-haiti-or-turned-back.html

https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-23510-haiti-flash-nearly-16-000-haitians-deported-or-expelled-from-the-dominican-territory-in-january.html

SL/ HaitiLibre



Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2026
Haitilibre.com