Haiti - Elections : The platforms of the opposition call for boycott - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7
 Download the revised decree and electoral calendar, published in the official journal





Cap-Haitien : Continuation of training workshops for brigadiers and firefighters in the North

2025-2026 Season : 1st edition of the «Paryaj Lakay» Gala

iciHaiti - PNH : Launch of a campaign to promote the integration of women within the institution

International Day for Biodiversity : Commitment from the Ministry of the Environment

Economic recovery in Haiti, the role of the Haitian diaspora


more news


Zapping Haiti of May 24, 2026

Launch of the ONA's monthly Assizes in Haiti

Recruited by gangs, Haitian children «pay a heavy price»

Official inauguration of the new Haitian airline ZED Airlines S.A.

Zapping Haiti of May 23, 2026


more news


Haiti - Elections : The platforms of the opposition call for boycott
12/11/2010 13:46:50

Haiti - Elections : The platforms of the opposition call for boycott

The political platforms: Rassemblé, Alternative, Ucadde and Libération, reaffirmed yesterday their intention to boycott the upcoming elections while calling on their followers and supporters to do likewise.

Paul Evans (Alternative), said that the position of the platform had not changed, recalling that it was always the same government and the Provisional Electoral Council (CEP) corrupt, which want to organize the elections. To that is added the already fragile situation in refugee camps, Hurricane Tomas and the cholera epidemic. He does not see what could make him change his position.

Serge Jean Louis leader of Libération, for his part said that the watchword "it's the boycott of these elections", arguing that the platforms of the opposition will continue to use every legal means to justify their position with the public opinion and International, on this last point, he reported that a letter had been sent to the Secretary General of the United Nations (UN) and governments of friendly countries.

For his part, former senator, Dr. Turneb Delpé, head of the platform Rassemblé, considered immoral behavior of the Haitian authorities, which continue to put the course on the organization of the elections, while the country is experiencing a crisis mainly because of the cholera epidemic. For him, the material conditions simply are not met, to talk about elections.

HL/ HaitiLibre



Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2026
Haitilibre.com